Monday, September 3, 2007

ART is my Happy Pill







I get high on art. I really do. Turn the music up loud, talk to myself, laugh outloud...get lost in my own world! It is my favorite place to be ~ the wild world of my imagination. And just like any party, it takes awhile to get warmed up. I get all set up and stand there waiting for inspiration (like waiting for someone to offer you a drink) then I just start...start a conversation with myself with and without words...then the paintings become the conversation. The problems and the solutions! I like to paint on recycled objects. I paint on old records right now - they are easily available because if they are scrached they usually go to the dump. I SAVE them! I also love that they are round. The circle is a wonderful shape. I have some of my paintings listed in my shop on Etsy! Check them out when you get a chance and let me know if you have any questions!

4 comments:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

beautiful happy pill!

palette48 said...

I like your record designs. They are interesting.

Angela Vandenbogaard said...

That's so pretty, and such a great idea to recycle!

pamela michelle said...

well put!
Great artwork too!