Monday, September 24, 2007

Influence and Inspiration

This is the image I come home to each day - tile work next to my front door. I have been renting this house from the original owner for about 4 yrs. - she is 96 yrs old. This bullfighter and raging bull seem to have influenced my work (the style of clothing - not so much the bullfighting) Almodovar is one of my favorite film makers (All About My Mother, Matador, Tie Me Up,Tie Me Down, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown...) so when I first came to consider renting this house the tiles made it feel "just right". My latest belts, chokers and some of my hats are starting to have the brave and bright look of a traditional performer!






4 comments:

Christina said...

Very cool chokers! :)

Kellybot said...

As an animal lover, the concept of bullfighting is repulsive. But the beauty, grace, romanticism is so hard to resist! There's just something about images of toreadors that I love. Those tiles remind me of this painting that hung in my grandmother's living room for about 50 years.

kristen k said...

I love animals and don't like the idea of killing them for entertainment. The romance and beauty is my angle in this post!

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

And I like your display piece as well.