Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lucky




Sometimes I feel really lucky! Just after moving into this house I found a box of old wrapping paper in the crawl space (we don't have a basement). It was used and most of it still had little tags and ribbons. I have turned this paper into these paper flowers. More recently I found an atlas and a few comic books from the 80s - more flowers! I love the variety and love how wonderful these papers look in the shape of a flower. Each flower has a pin back - so they look great as a brooch or as an accent in your home (on a curtain or ribbon). This is my original design. I never get bored - the possiblities seem endless! Today I will be listing a few paper flowers on Etsy and over the next week I will share my Christmas ornaments made in a similar way.







5 comments:

W. J. St. Christopher, Digital Artist said...

I love that you're reusing old papers and magazines for your art.

There's so much raw material already out in the world -- if we're only willing to see it!

The Purple Whale said...

How exciting to find those 'hidden treasures'
Nice Blog!

Shell Mitchell said...

super fun! I love those random scores and old paper is really cool!

Nora said...

You are lucky!!!

ingeniouslycreative said...

Hi Kristen! Thank you for letting me profile your art on my blog. I have had a number of emails telling me how much they love your artwork!!! I direct them to your Etsy shop and encourage them to think about Christmas shopping!!!! They love you!!! Thanks a bunch! xoxo Carol