Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Girls Inc.


This morning I went to a Girls Inc. fundraiser at the La Fonda Hotel in Santa Fe. My daughter has been in the after school and summer program at Girls Inc. for two years. Today she spoke in front of a couple hundred people to tell them why she is strong, smart and bold. I cried. She said she is strong because she is confident ALL of the time, she is smart because she has designed her own line of robot tshirts and bold because she tries new things even if they are a little scary. She is also in the video/commercial for Girls Inc. talking about being a girl and how she can become everything she wants to be. WOW! I was so impressed with this function and spent the morning smiling, laughing and crying! It was really exciting and if you have a daughter, you may want to look into this program. They work on a sliding scale and take donations of all/any kind. I am really proud of my daughter and proud of the women who make this available to our girls!


1 comment:

Dulcette. said...

That is so sweet... your daughter sounds like an amazing creature, she must get that from her mom!? maybe? *wink wink*.