Friday, July 25, 2008

party time


My newest hats are made from recycled papers! I use several layers of newspaper for each hat and a variety of fun recycled papers as the top layer - each hat will be one of a kind. I sew them with my machine first then do all of the details by hand (sewing)and finish them with a layer of varnish. The elastic band is sewn to the hat as well. I came up with idea late the other night when I was wondering what kind of hat I could make for under $10 that would be fun for everyone! I started by making the pattern from newspaper - you would think I would have a party hat around to copy...I don't! So I just made it up and it's a bit taller than your average party hat, but I think I like it better that way. Many more to come - the two you see here are available in my shop on Etsy.

5 comments:

Half-an-Acre said...

I like the second one very much - i haven't had the occasion to wear a party hat for a long time though!

kim* said...

one day, i shall buy some hats from you.

w said...

i love those! i've not been to your shop in a while. must go now.

still loving the pink bonnet you made for me!

Estela said...

Awesome hats!!!

Persimmons Gal said...

I love those hats! Noticed them on etsy just the other day.